The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Senior Software Developer / Technical Business Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience programming with MS .Net technologies
- 5+ years of experience with:
- MS technologies including C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Web API, .NET Core
- SQL Server, including the ability to design schemas, write queries, and/or stored procedures
- Developing and integrating with REST/SOAP web service APIs
- High transaction multi-tenant architectures that include user/account management
- You must also have a thorough knowledge and strong skill with .NET and Visual Studio IDE
- Strong SQL Database skills required
- Knowledge and experience with JIRA preferred
- Experience with Git-based version control system preferred
- Project management experience
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- A successful track record of managing the delivery of multiple releases of quality products
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in Computer Science, highly preferred
- Client facing skill and experience
- Strong analytical skills to serve as a technical business analyst and project manager
- Ability to work closely with onsite and remote team members; experience working directly with offshore teams preferred
- Professional polish to interact with internal and external contacts including the IT team, offshore teams, clients and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to quality, supportability, extensibility and simple design in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and stretch your skills
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will join a growing team of 5 including a mix of Senior, Intermediate and Junior Developers. The team is an interesting mix of long-tenured and up and coming talent, giving you the opportunity to learn, mentor and add a fresh perspective. As a senior team member, you will be responsible for the development and support of strategic and tactical business applications and e-commerce software. You will manage the full development lifecycle from design through development and implementation, but also complete pre-development work -- interfacing with clients, identifying and assessing needs and building a plan -- as well as post implementation follow through.
We anticipate actual hands-on development work to be approximately 40%. You will primarily work on the backend, but will also regularly work with our offshore teams managing the frontend, as well as interface with key clients on system requirements. Additionally, you will be involved in escalated maintenance issues as required.
As Senior Software Developer, you will work on a wide range of products from internal systems to consumer facing applications. You will primarily support two of our largest clients, interacting regularly, and also help/mentor in multiple areas and with additional clients when needed. Depending upon the size of the projects (you could work on everything from single page applications using AngularJS to large projects requiring a responsive web design approach) you will partner with a Project Management team or manage the project independently.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as primary contributor to solution design, technical analysis, and functional design of web-based and windows applications
- Assist with documentation and implementation throughout the SDLC: analysis, design, development, maintenance and user instructions
- Assist with troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining custom software
- Integrate web-based applications with “Back office” core business applications
- Interact directly with end-users (internal and external customers)
- Mentor junior team members and handle priority escalations
What's in It for You?Best of Both World's
You will enjoy the stability and resources of a company with a rich history of success. At the same time, you'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and have your hands in a variety of projects, as you would if you joined a start-up company. This is a prime opportunity for someone who likes to stretch and work to the top of their skill-set and takes the initiative to get things done.
While we prefer that you're in the office interacting with the team most days, after you become acclimated, you will have some flexibility to work from home on occasion.
A Break from the Traffic
We enjoy a location that is more suburbs than city, meaning you won't have to fight the traffic downtown. Parking is free and while most of our employees drive, if you prefer public transportation, we are accessible by bus and the L-line.
You can feel pride knowing that you are supporting our efforts to engage others in their work, creating higher satisfaction and success. It’s a mission you can embrace and really care about.
Nice Environment, Fun Culture
We all work hard and care about our roles in the company, but we also enjoy a nice casual atmosphere and dress code, and a fun work environment. We don't take ourselves too seriously, as you can see in the images to the right. These images are from our July 4th celebratory BBQ and "Take Your Dog to Work" day. We’ve also enjoyed National Strawberry Day, Waffle Day and many more fun events.
People like Working Here
When people join us they tend to stay as demonstrated by our large number of long-term employees.
Compensation, Benefits and More!
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurances; flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care; and generous paid holidays and personal time off. You and your family will have the benefit of participating in our fitness and nutrition program at no cost to you. And, you will have the opportunity to buy from our vast warehouse of products, from jewelry to electronics and much more, at cost!
Our Chicago location has a fitness room onsite to help you take charge of your fitness goals. And you will have the added benefit of our fabulous learning management system to give you 24/7 opportunities for e-learning!
Keys to SuccessUpon joining us, you will be challenged to learn what we have in place and get up to speed on our systems and applications. There is a lot of in-house knowledge on the IT team, but not a great deal of SOPs and other documentation. That means that you will have to work at learning, interacting with the team and soaking in knowledge quickly. You’ll be outgoing and take the initiative at every learning opportunity, offering to step up and help. Once you’re fully acclimated, you will continue to show initiative as you take on new projects and other responsibilities.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment with multiple projects underway simultaneously
- Serve as a supportive and collaborative team member
- Have a passion for your work
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines
- While you won't consistently work long hours, you should be prepared to step up as necessary to meet deadlines
About HindaFor more than 40 years, Hinda’s award fulfillment business has been rooted in the corporate human capital management philosophy of motivating performance and awarding achievement through non-cash rewards and recognition.
We hold the patent on points-based electronic auctions, offering our clients a unique program platform not available anywhere else. We offer flexible solutions to fit your needs — from out-of-the-box websites to Web services that feed your incentive programs and many options in between.
Hinda is a respected corporate rewards and recognition industry leader because we know what matters most:
- A powerful, achievement-inspiring online portfolio of rewards
- Subject-matter experts who help organizations create the best programs
- A value-chain partner network that provides innovative and flexible solutions
- A technology platform that facilitates excellence in award-point or award-plateau issuance and redemption processes
- An award-earner experience that's second to none thanks to our acclaimed end-to-end customer-care philosophy
- An outstanding client services team responsible for ongoing award program management
- Effective and efficient financial reporting and award redemption analysis